I love oysters!
Not something you’d expect from a guy who grew up on the border of North Dakota and Minnesota, right?
I fell in love with them while living in Alaska, where the freshest jewels you could imagine were drawn from the crisp, cold, clean waters of Kachemak Bay. We’d roast them in a variety of ways or we’d serve them fresh with mignonette. One thing was for sure, those who ate them preferred them over a fine pearl!
This is a rendition of roasted oysters that I came up with a month ago when the fam was having Thai Chicken Pizza. In my attempt to “Keep It Paleo!”, I designed with todays recipe. It is my favorite new creation and I hope that you’ll give it a go!
If you are looking for other oyster preparations on this site, here are a few:
Paleo Roasted Oysters
How To Shuck An Oyster
Oysters On The Half Shell
Scallop Ceviche Over Oysters
Have a great weekend, enjoy your Superbowl Gathering, and do your best to…
“Keep It Paleo!”
(Skiing at Jake’s on Tuesday with Kenny Blum…)
Thai Roasted Oysters
- 16 oysters
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Sambal (red chile paste) (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/2 bunch scallions, chopped
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Shuck oysters and place them on a foil lined sheet pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut milk, Tamari, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and Sambal.
- Top each oyster with one teaspoon of almond sauce and a pinch of scallions.
- Place pan in the oven until oysters are bubbly, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven top with Thai Salad (see below) and enjoy!
Ingredients List for the Thai Salad Topping:
- 3 large carrots, julienned
- 1 12oz. bag bean sprouts
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, rinsed and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sambal
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss until uniformly combined.
- Taste and adjust flavor to your liking.
- Use salad to top Thai Roasted Oysters. Enjoy!
“Keep It Paleo!”