Ingredient List for the meatballs:
- 2 pounds ground turkey (93/7)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, minced
- Top half of two bunches of Scallions, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Preparation Instructions for the meatballs:
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Transfer to a gallon Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in one of the corners (think pastry bag) for squeezing meat mixture into stew.
Ingredient List for the stew:
- 2 pounds cod, diced into 1” cubes
- 1 batch Ginger-Scallion meatball mixture (see below)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 head green cabbage, chiffonade
- 6 large carrots, peeled and Asian Bias Cut (ABC)
- 2 large yellow onions, julienned
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 2 bags bean sprouts, rinsed
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, rinsed and roughly chopped
- Lower half of two bunches of scallions, cut into 1” sections (see meatball recipe for use of tops)
- 1 1/2 gallons water
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Preparation Instructions for the stew:
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and stir until toasted, then add carrots, onions, red bell peppers and a pinch of kosher salt. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage and mushrooms and another pinch of salt. Cook for three minutes.
- Add water and bring stew to a simmer.
- Add scallions and rainbow chard.
- Add meatball mixture to soup either by rolling meatballs with your hands or by squeezing mixture from the bag and cutting it with a knife as it comes out (as seen in video). Stir occasionally throughout this process.
- Season cod with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Stir to distribute evenly throughout the stew, the cod will cook almost instantly.
- Cut the heat and season one final time to your liking.
- Distribute bean sprouts evenly into 16 quart-size portion cups/containers.
- Divide stew evenly among the portion cups, doing your best to distribute the cod and turkey meatballs evenly into each container.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
“Keep It Paleo!”
Macro Information (per portion), Yields 16 portions: