Special guest Carleen Mathews joins Nick Massie of Paleo Nick in the kitchen to prepare a simple, tasty pineapple chicken dish.
To Marinate Chicken Ingredients:
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl or gallon Ziploc bag and marinate under refrigeration for a minimum of four hours or up to two days.
- 5 lb. marinated chicken
- 2 lb./bunches of asparagus, woody bottoms removed, cut into 1-in. sections
- 2 yellow onions, julienned
- red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 bunches of scallions, hairy bottoms removed, cut into 2-in. sections
- 1 whole pineapple, core removed, cut into tidbits
- 1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 c. fresh garlic, minced
- olive oil, as needed
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Sriracha, to garnish (optional; to your liking)
- 22 ½ c. cooked white rice (optional)
- Place marinated chicken on a foil-lined sheet pan and roast at 400 F until the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 F. Remove from oven.
- While the chicken is roasting, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir until garlic begins to toast, then add the asparagus, onions and a pinch
of salt. Stir to coat uniformly. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add the bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the pineapple and scallions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cut the heat, add the cilantro, stir to distribute evenly and season with kosher salt and black pepper to
- When the chicken is done, julienne it and add to the pan of vegetables. Fold all ingredients together until
- Portion rice into meal-prep containers. We used 1 ½ c. per container, resulting in 15 total portions.
- Portion pineapple chicken into containers of rice and garnish with a squirt of Sriracha.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 6 months. Enjoy
“Keep It Paleo!”