- 4 pounds ground grass-fed beef
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 8 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into uniform cubes
of 2-3 in.
- 1 large onion, small dice
- ¼ cup fresh garlic, minced
- 2 28-oz. cans tomato product (crushed, purée or sauce)
- 2 cups raisins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Italian seasoning
Preparation Instructions for the sweet potatoes:
- Place sweet potatoes in a large soup pot and add cold water until the highest potato is covered by 2 in. of water. Place over high heat and simmer until fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare the meat mixture described.
- After the potatoes are cooked, strain them in a colander for 5-10 minutes to allow all excess moisture to drain. Then return the potatoes to the pot and beat with a whisk until smooth, or purée them in a food processor.
Preparation Instructions for the meat mixture:
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Once oil shimmers, add garlic and stir for 30-60 seconds, then add onion and continue to stir.
- Season beef with salt and pepper and add it to onion/garlic mixture. Break up meat with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula and cook until browned and well chopped, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Add tomato product, olives and raisins and stir until uniform, then gently fold in eggs. Taste the mixture and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Portion meat mixture into 12 storage containers.
- Top mixture with sweet-potato purée and spread evenly.
- Cool completely without lids in refrigerator, then add lids and freeze portions you will not eat within 3 days.
“Keep It Paleo!”
60 Protein, 60 Carbohydrate, 60 Fat Blocks