I shared how Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson eats 821 pounds of cod each year in my Paleo Cod Ceviche post two weeks ago. I know you were intrigued and want to up your cod intake, so I came up with today’s recipe.
This is the start to a series called “Massie Meal Prep”. In this series, I will teach you how to knock out Paleo meal prep in a timely and cost-effective fashion. We shot several new “Massie Meal Prep” videos last week, all of which feature either Wes Piatt or Kelley Jackson.
Okay. I’m keeping this one short. Yesterday we confirmed that we’ll be bringing the Ice Age Meals booth to all six CrossFit Games Regionals, so there’s some planning to do! That’s right, Albany, San Antonio, San Diego, Nashville, Atlanta and Portland. Oh yeah, and Madison too! I hope to see you all at one of these events!
Have a great Tako Tuesday and be sure to “Keep It Paleo!”
Massie Meal Prep–Pan Seared Cod
- 36 ounces wild-caught cod, portioned out into 6-6oz pieces
- PALEO GRIND Lemon Pepper Love
- 2-3 large yams, roasted and peeled (or leave skin on for more nutrients), cut into 1″ discs.
Ingredients for pickled Onions:
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 serrano pepper, bias cut (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/8 bunch cilantro, rough chop
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Season top sides of each cod fillet with PALEO GRIND Lemon Pepper Love and place seasoned side down into the pan.Season other side with more PALEO GRIND Lemon Pepper Love. Pan sear for 4-5 minutes.
- Lay out six containers and place three discs of roasted yam into each one.
- Flip the cod fillets in pan. Cook for 1-2 more minutes and cut the heat.If checking fish with a thermometer, you want it to temp at 120°F.
- In a mixing bowl, place red onions, apple cider vinegar and serrano pepper. Stir to mix and set aside.
- Place one cod fillet into each container.
- Fold cilantro into pickled onions in mixing bowl.
- Top each cod fillet with pickled onions. Place portions into the refrigerator and enjoy over the next five days.
“Keep It Paleo!”