Happy Cinco De Mayo!
This is the first video from our recent shoot and, although I was sick, these “breakfast tacos” turned out super scrumptious. I’d like to thank Kelley Jackson, one of our Ice Age Meals athletes, for flying in from St. Louis to cook with me and spend some time with the Ice Age crew!
It was a lot of fun getting someone else on camera and Kelley did a stand up job. I look forward to watching her compete at Regionals and believe that she’ll move on the The Games this August in Madison, Wisconsin.
As for the tacos, they couldn’t get much easier. Shrimp cooks so quickly that you barely have time to whip up a salsa. Working as the Ga Ga Garlic tag team, we were able to knock this out in under 10 minutes. I hope that you’ll give it a try and I hope even more that you’ll stay tuned and help spread the word about this series.
Wes Piatt is up next and there are more shrimp involved. So, don’t touch that dial and don’t forget to…
“Keep It Paleo!”
Paleo Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 16 each wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- PALEO GRIND Ga Ga Garlic
- ¼ red cabbage, 3-4 leaves used as taco shell.
- ¼ green cabbage, chiffonade
Ingredients for pineapple salsa:
- ¼ fresh pineapple, small dice
- 1 ½ Roma tomatoes, quartered and fleshed, small dice
- ½ serrano pepper, small dice (seeds in or out depending on your desired heat level)
- 1 red onion, small dice
- ¼ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
Ingredients for chipolte lime aioli:
- ¼ cup Massie Mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ lime, juiced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add a squirt of olive oil to the pan.
- Place shrimp onto a plate lined with paper towel and sprinkle tops with PALEO GRIND Ga Ga Garlic. Place them seasoned side down into the hot skillet and season the top side once again with Ga Ga Garlic. Cook on first side for 2-3 minutes and then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Add a small amount of water to the pan, stir and cut the heat.
- Place pineapple, red onion, Roma tomatoes, cilantro,serrano pepper, lime juice and a pinch of kosher salt into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir to incorporate
- In a small mixing bowl, place Massie Mayo, lime juice, chipotle powder and apple cider vinegar and stir or whisk
- To plate, place red cabbage shells onto a serving dish, fill with a layer of shrimp, green cabbage, pineapple salsa, and garnish with chipotle lime aioli. Enjoy!
“Keep It Paleo!”