This carbohydrate conglomeration is a great way to get your greens. Consisting of Spinach, Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus, Zucchini, and Broccoli, you’d be hard pressed to find a healthier option for carb consumption.
As always, be creative with your ingredients. Use Sambal to your liking and feel free to add fish sauce, coconut milk, etc…
This dish pairs well with seafood, you can use it as a base to a quick coconut curry, you can even enjoy it chilled!
Paleo Green Monster
Ingredient List: (12C, 36F)
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed, cut into thirds
- 20 each Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound spinach, wilted, chilled and squeezed
- 2 large zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 stalks broccoli, cut into large florets
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons Sambal
- 2 tablespoons Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan or stock pot over high heat until oil runs like water when pan is tilted side to side.
- Add ginger and garlic to olive oil and stir with wooden spoon until garlic begins to toast (light golden brown color).
- Add all vegetables except for the spinach and stir well to coat with oil, garlic and ginger. Cover pot with lid and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Check bottom of pot to be sure that there is sufficient cooking agent (oil or water) to prevent burning. If it appears too dry, then add some water, stir and cover again for 3-5 minutes.
- Add spinach, Sambal, Tamari/Coconut Aminos and Macadamia nuts and stir well.
- Cook until veggies reach desired tenderness, being careful not to overcook.
“Keep It Paleo!”