This weeks plan includes 2 slow cooker meals, 3 main dishes and 2 sides.
Approximate Meal Plan Cost As Prescribed:
Chain grocery store (Kroger): $140.00
Warehouse store (Costco or Sam’s): $115.00
The amount you will spend will depend on your geographic location and how much you rely on bulk purchases. As an example, you can get 1 quart of extra light olive oil at Kroger for $19.99 or you can get 4 quarts at Costco for $16.50. You follow? Meat and produce will also be less at the warehouse stores, but might require you purchase more than you’ll need for this plan.
Customize Your Plan and Shop It Up!
I have created a customize-able grocery list in the form of an Excel spreadsheet. Even if you’re not good with Excel, I’ve set it up in a foolproof way that even “The Jo!” could handle. Follow these instructions:
- Open the document and click on the tab at the bottom that says “Menu item & Ingredient Brkdown”.
- At the top, you’ll see the number “1” in bold just below each menu item. You can change this number to correspond with the number of portions that you’d like to make. Say you want to make a double batch of the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Fingers, change the “1” below the Chicken Fingers to a “2” and it will double the listed ingredients for you.
- Click back to the tab that says “Meal Plan 15.51 Grocery List” and your quantities will be updated.
- Print out the grocery list from the first tab only.
- Compare what you need to what you have on hand and finalize your list. Then, head to the grocery store and make your purchases swiftly and efficiently.
I want you to knock this out in one shopping session, two cooking sessions, and one short finishing session. I’ll explain these now, but want you to scroll down to read my notes on each meal below. They are listed under each picture.
In cooking session one:
- Prepare your SW Chicken, place it in the slow cooker, set the slow cooker on a foil lined sheet pan, and place it in your garage to cook overnight.
- Prepare the Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
- While the Sweets are roasting, get started on your Bacon Wrapped Chicken Fingers. Enjoy these two dishes together and portion out any leftovers to refrigerate or freeze.
- Clean up the kitchen and pat yourself on the back for a day well done.
In cooking session two:
- Portion out the SW Chicken. Refrigerate or freeze your portions. Clean out the your slow cooker and load it up with the Beef Stew with Green Chiles and Yams. Place in your garage, on a foil lined sheet pan, and cook overnight.
- Prepare the Tuscan Grilled Pork Chops and Parsnip Puree. Eat this meal and properly store any leftovers in your refrigerator for up to one week.
- Clean up the kitchen and polish up that sink!
In finishing session:
- Portion out the Beef Stew and clean out your slow cooker. Properly store your meals in the refrigerator for up to one week or freezer for up to six months.
- Prepare the Steak Fajitias. Grab yourself a portion and enjoy. Portion out any leftovers and refrigerate for up to one week.
- Sit back and take it all in. Your Paleo Bank Account is stocked and now you are a Culinary Ninja who is ready to tackle life with energy, clarity, and confidence. Be sure to tell your friends about PaleoNick.com!
Notes: This recipe is a great option for the cold winter weather that has crept in. The recipe calls for a whole chicken, but you also have the option of using chicken breasts. It also has optional garnishes listed: cilantro, tomatoes and avocado. These items have been added to the grocery list for you.
Notes: If you haven’t tried this amazing recipe yet, I am not sure what you are waiting for! These babies are SO GOOD and rather easy to throw together. The recipe calls for you to grill them, but baking them in a 350 oven until they reach an internal temp of 165 degrees is also an option. You can also make them minus the jalapeno’s for a child friendly recipe. The pictured garnish is a sweet chipotle mayo. Mix up a batch of Massie Mayo to make this and add in the chipotle puree and honey.
Notes: This side dish is such a tasty option and would pair really well with the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Fingers above. Be sure to follow the preparation instructions and turn your oven up to 400F for the second half of cooking time to achieve a nice crunch.
Notes: This is another sweet slow cooker option for a hearty meal that is sure to warm the belly. The recipe suggest using hot green chiles, but you can go mild if you want to tone down the heat.
Notes: This picture makes my mouth water! The juiciness of the perfectly grilled pork chop with the savoriness of the tomato basil salad is a great combination. Pair it with the suggested parsnip puree and you have a complete meal sure to please the palette.
Notes: Loaded with veggies and a great cut of meat, this recipe is a wonderful option for protein and carbs. Pair it with some 60 sec Guac to add some fats and you will be ready to tackle your day.