World Famous Massie Mayo Recipe!
- 1 whole egg, plus one extra yolk
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cups extra light olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Add eggs, garlic, Dijon mustard and lemon juice to a food processor, blender or mixing bowl.
- Turn on the food processor or blender and slowly drizzle in olive oil, making sure it emulsifies as you go. The mixture should appear creamy. If using a mixing bowl, whisk like a mad man or mad woman and also be sure to maintain emulsion.
- Once all olive oil has been added, test the mayo for flavor. Add salt as desired.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer to a sealable plastic storage bag, then cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and pipe the mayo into a squeeze bottle.
- Massie mayo stores in the fridge for 2-3 weeks, but it probably won’t last that long.
“Keep It Paleo!”
We are using 1 egg plus one yolk so we will call it 2 blocks for easy math.
We are using 2 cups of extra light olive oil.1/3 of a teaspoon equals one block, and there are 48 teaspoons in one cup.Since there are two cups we have 96 teaspoons at three blocks each, so total we have 288 blocks of Fat
Clearly our only thing we are going to count this as is Fat. Use it sparingly as it will last for a little while in your fridge. For a four block meal, you will get about 72 servings from these two cups.