- 1 plate of chicken (4 legs; 4 thighs; 4 boneless, skinless breasts)
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 8 c. mushrooms, quartered
- 4 c. onions, julienned
- 4 c. roasted bell peppers, julienned
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, leaves pulled from stems and roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. Lemon Pepper Love spice blend, plus some for seasoning to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 oz. grass-fed butter
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 large butternut squashes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place butternut squash on a foil-lined sheet pan.
- Add chicken and Lemon Pepper Love to a large mixing bowl and toss until coated evenly.
- Transfer chicken to a foil-lined sheet pan, placing breasts in the middle and legs and thighs at the perimeter.
- Put both sheet pans in the oven. Cook the squash until it is soft. Cook the chicken until the breasts reach 165 F and the legs and thighs reach 185 F.
- While chicken and squash are cooking, start the vegetable and jus topping by heating a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and garlic and stir until garlic is toasted. Add onions and a pinch of Lemon Pepper Love. Place the lid on the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and a splash of chicken stock, stir, place the lid on the pan and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid, season with another pinch of Lemon Pepper Love and stir.
- Add the roasted bell peppers and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat, add butter and stir constantly, melting the butter slowly. The vegetables and jus are done at this point.
- Once the squash is done, peel and seed, then cut into chunks the size of half an apple.
- Slice the chicken breasts to your desired thickness.
- To serve family style, place the squash not a platter, place the chicken over the squash, top the chicken with the vegetables and jus, and garnish with parsley.
- This can be portioned individually and last for up to 1 week in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.
“Keep It Paleo!”