- 2 racks of lamb, frenched
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sambal chili paste
- 2 tablespoons. rice-wine vinegar
- 2 loosely packed cups of mint leaves, chiffonade
Preparation Instructions for the Lamb:
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or pot over high heat.
- Season the outside of the racks of lamb with kosher salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to the pot and then place racks- fat-cap side down- into the oil.
- Sear on all sides until rich, brown caramelization is achieved.
- Remove to a hotel pan that is lined with foil, and use a baker’s rack.
- Roast until the lamb reaches an internal temperature of 130-135 F (to stay on the medium side of medium-rare), remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice between each bone and criss-cross chops over each other so the bones stick up in the center of the plate (see above).
- Drizzle with mint chili sauce and serve with a gravy boat of mint chili on the side.
Preparation Instructions for the Chili Mint Sauce:
- Whisk water and sugar together in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Once sugar has dissolved, transfer liquid to a bowl and chill in the fridge or freezer.
- When the syrup has chilled, add the samba, rice-wine vinegar and fresh mint.
- Enjoy this sauce with meats of all types or straight from the straw.
“Keep It Paleo!”