We had a lot of fun with this video and I make my debut as “Nicky BroChef”, a spoof on CrossFit’s Danny Broflex series. Libby Jansen joins me (who I keep referring to as Libby DiBiase) and we throwdown my version of P.F. Chang’s Kung Pao Scallops. We did a tag team effort on a previous video in the shoot where I referred to her as Libby DiBiase, the daughter of Ted DiBiase, The Million Dollar Man and the name stuck. Oh well, just as long as you understand that this is Libby Jansen, the owner of the world renowned Blue Water Pilates in Manhattan Beach, CA.
I’ll be sure to wear a hair net next time…
Paleo Pam and Paleo Gordy ( my parents) are in town for a few days and they are at the hotel with The Jo and The Bro waiting for Jessie and I to come swimming, so I’m going to make this quick.
- I will send out my February newsletter tomorrow, so if you are not subscribed to it, please sign up on the home pagefor the latest and greatest. Who knows, there might even be an exclusive offer for my new Super Radical Rib Rub…
- I just signed on for a Nicaraguan Paleo Retreat and Eco Adventure in May. I’ll do a separate post with more details on this, but the gist of it is that it starts with my 33rd birthday, we’re going to be super active, eat super good food, and have a ton of fun. Please check it out and sign up because I’d love to hang out with all of you in Nicaragua!
- My next cooking class is on Wednesday and there are a few spots left, so if you want to join me for an evening of fun in The Paleo Garage, sign yo self up, yo!
- I have received two orders for the OgaRibs, Ogar Buco, Ogar Strong fundraiser and we’ll be cooking on Thursday, so if you’d like to volunteer to help out, please email email@example.com
- I am flying up to San Fran this weekend to do a private Culinary Ninja cooking lesson with an awesome family. If you are interested in learning more about opportunities like this, please email me. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Finally, I want to encourage you today to be positive. There is power in positive words and thought and I want to challenge you to speak positive words of encouragement into someones life today, tomorrow, and every day for the rest of your life. Not flattery, but genuine words of encouragement. You never know what others are going through and you could make their day with just a few simple words!
“Our chief want is for someone to inspire us to be what we know we could be.” -R.W.A.
“Keep It Paleo!” my friends.
(Libby Jansen/DiBiase has an amazing smile.)
Kung Pao-leo Shrimp and Scallops
“Keep It Paleo!”
One block of shrimp equals 2oz. When we buy shrimp we buy based on the size of the shrimp. Today we are using 21/25, meaning that about 21-25 shrimp equal one pound. Since we know that there are 16oz in a pound and we are using 12 shrimp, or about half a pound worth, we know we have 8oz of shrimp, therefore 4 blocks of protein.
We have minimal carbs in this recipe. We are using 2 bell peppers. When one is chopped it equals about 1 cup, so since 2 cups equal one block, we have one block from peppers.
We also are using the white portion of one bunch of Scallions. They aren’t al ot in measurement, but will fill about 1/3 – ½ cup so we will count this as ½ block.
¼ of a cup of Cashew pieces will measure about 12 cashews. With three cashews equaling a block, we get 4 blocks of fat from the cashews.
There isn’t an exact measurement for the olive oil, as we are using them as needed. Keep in mind that the olive oil measurement is 1/3 of a teaspoon per block, so for every tablespoon you use, its 9 blocks.
This recipe provides 2 4-block meals for fat and protein. That said, we are lacking carbs. We have not even one block per meal, so make sure you supplement this meal with some extra carb blocks or have a dessert where you can get the blocks in from berries.